Anger is a completely normal, usually healthy, human emotion, but when it gets out of control it can cause problems at work, in personal, relationships, and in the overall quality of your life. When anger becomes full blown rage our judgment and thinking can become impaired and we are more likely to do and say unreasonable and irrational things. These unresolved anger issues can also cause health problems including high blood pressure, eating disorders, substance abuse, stroke, and heart attack.
You may want to look into Anger Management if:
- You have numerous arguments with your partner, parents, children, or colleagues
- Have hit your partner or children
- Have outbursts and break things
- Lose your temper while driving and become reckless
Your therapist will help you recognize your anger triggers and develop healthy ways to deal. To sum it up, anger management is the skill of remaining calm and training for temper control by using
- Relaxation techniques
- Cognitive restructuring (learning to redirect irrational thoughts)
- Problem solving
- Improving communication strategies
We offer a one on one anger management course to help you deal with anger issues you may be dealing with. If you have been court mandated to take anger management class or if your lawyer has suggested this route, we can assist you with meeting this requirement. Please call our office to schedule an appointment for anger management therapy.